Take a stand against family violence and abuse and host an event on behalf of the Tri-City Transitions Society or Tri-City Transitions Women’s Emergency Shelter. Your event will help raise awareness, and provide financial support for our organization. Events held by individuals and community partners allow us to provide much needed programs and services to support local families.
Independent special events or third-party fundraisers are a very important component of our fundraising activities. Every event held in support of Tri-City Transitions Society gets us one step closer to achieving our mission to strengthen family and community by breaking the cycles of family violence and abuse. Third Party event options can include:
- Golf Tournaments (i.e. Charity of Choice for proceeds, selling mulligans and putting contests)
- Stampede Parties
- Corporate or individual events & parties
- Challenge Events (i.e. walks, runs, scavenger hunts, fitness/sport challenges/adventure hunts)
- Auctions or Share of Ticket Sales – online or live auctions
- Or your own creative and unique fundraising idea
Your event is your opportunity to participate in charitable and community work that is fun and meaningful, while sending an inspirational message to the community.
We encourage new events big and small. We are always interested in new partnerships and look forward to supporting your fundraising or awareness-building event however we can. Thinking about hosting an event? For creative ideas, permission, guidelines, and steps to host an amazing event, check out our fundraising guides:
For more information about Hosting an Event, contact: 604.941.7111 or email@example.com.
- Event Approval – Approval for your event must be obtained from our organization to ensure that the event respects the Tri-City Transitions Society Mission, Goals and Values. Some events that we are not able to support include:
- Telemarketing, door to door campaigns, vending machines
- Ideas requiring the acquisition, use or solicitation of our donors, vendors, partners or employees
- Ideas associated with products or services deemed inappropriate
- Register Your Event – To register your event, download and complete the event authorization form available on our website at www.tricitytransitions.com and submit the form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon approval of your event, you will be provided with an official letter of endorsement, authorizing you to host your event on behalf of our organization. For more information, contact 604.941.7111 or email@example.com.
- Ensure that you have read and follow the event guidelines set out for hosting an event for Tri- City Transitions Society.
- After the Event – Within 30 days of the event completion proceeds must be forwarded to our agency. Cheques are to be made to Tri-City Transitions Society, 200-2540 Shaughnessy Street, Port Coquitlam, B.C. V3C 3W4
If you are hosting an event for Tri-City Transitions Society, there are specific guidelines in place.
The Event Guidelines are as follows –
- Events must follow Canada Revenue Agency guidelines, especially with respect to guidelines on tax receipts and B.C. Gaming & Liquor Commission licences.
- If deemed necessary, events must secure appropriate public liability insurance and indemnify Tri-City Transitions Society for all damages, costs, and expenses arising from the event.
- Tri-City Transitions Society will not assume any costs or financial liability for the event
- Tri-City Transitions Society will not assume any legal or public liability for the event
- Due to FOIP guidelines, Tri-City Transitions Society is unable to share mailing lists, donor or client information.
- Tri-City Transitions Society reserves the right to ask you to remove our name from your event and all associated print material should your event contravene our Mission, Vision or Values.
If you have any questions regarding the event hosting process or application, please feel free to visit or call us at:
200- 2540 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 3W4