If you are the victim of abuse and you are surfing this and possibly other websites of similar content, you may want to prevent your abuser from discovering that you are searching for help on the Internet. Your computer, phone, or tablet can leave a trail of evidence behind for your abuser to find.
On this Site
Two important safety measures you may want to consider using while browsing this site are:
- Take note of the safe exit to Google button in the top right-hand corner of this site, which will direct you away from this site immediately.
- Clearing your browser history, cache, and cookies or using the private browsing setting on your web browser.
Also, consider covering your email tracks:
- Be sure to delete any outgoing and incoming emails
- Change your email password often
- Print all threatening and harassing emails to use as evidence of criminal activity. Do not handle the situation alone – contact the police for help.